Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA5 - Driving Issues

• 04-10-2013 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone else has experienced very 'loose' controls on the PS3?

When I move the analogue stick left or right, anything more than a slight touch, the car (any vehicle) tends to turn extremely sharply.
    A friend of mine tried the game on my PS3 and found the same issue. He felt it wasn't such an issue for him on his own system.

I've tried the settings, but found nothing that would correct it.
    I've two controllers, and the issues remains using either.

Anyone else come across this, or have a suggestion?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

Hi, just wondering if anyone else has experienced very 'loose' controls on the PS3?

When I move the analogue stick left or right, anything more than a slight touch, the car (any vehicle) tends to turn extremely sharply.
    A friend of mine tried the game on my PS3 and found the same issue. He felt it wasn't such an issue for him on his own system.

I've tried the settings, but found nothing that would correct it.
    I've two controllers, and the issues remains using either.

Anyone else come across this, or have a suggestion?

Have you tried another controller?

EDIT - Sorry I didn't see two controller bit. does is apply to any other vehicle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Hingo wrote: »
    does is apply to any other vehicle?
    All vehicles, and bikes, and even running.

It could be both my controllers, but that seems unlikely (I hope).
    Over the weekend I hope to be able to take my controllers to his place, test them there, and see what happens.

All vehicles, and bikes, and even running.

It could be both my controllers, but that seems unlikely (I hope).
    Over the weekend I hope to be able to take my controllers to his place, test them there, and see what happens.

There could also be some corrupted data with your GTA profile (the save that stores all your setting)When you go into save game data you'll see a few GTA saves - story save, profile & mission replays, If you are a PSN plus member, back up these all up online. If not, back them up on a USB the delete the profile data only. load up the game again, and see if the default setting write a new profile save.

if not then I'm stumped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

You can change the sensitivity of the sticks in settings?

Simona1986 wrote: »
    You can change the sensitivity of the sticks in settings?
    No, that setting doesn't exist.

I tried my controllers using my friends PS3, and the issue doesn't exist.
    So going to try:
    • Restarting the game
    • Re-installing the game
    • Resetting the entire PS3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

That is strange, it exists on the xbox but it is called something to do with aim sensitivity so maybe have a look again?

Simona1986 wrote: »
    That is strange, it exists on the xbox but it is called something to do with aim sensitivity so maybe have a look again?
    Yeah, I've tried the aim assist setting, but makes no difference.
    I've tried all settings at this stage.
    Will try restart and maybe re-install this evening.

Yeah, I've tried the aim assist setting, but makes no difference.
    I've tried all settings at this stage.
    Will try restart and maybe re-install this evening.

Did you try the deleting the saved settings like I said above? like I said back up the save just in case and don't delete the save that has a mission name - % (EG 11:46 -Mr. Phillips - 37.5%) thats your story progress, go for the "profile" one.

Worth a shot than having to re-install, it'll still load the old setting from that if you only re-install

Did you try the deleting the saved settings like I said above? like I said back up the save just in case and don't delete the save that has a mission name - % (EG 11:46 -Mr. Phillips - 37.5%) thats your story progress, go for the "profile" one.

Worth a shot than having to re-install, it'll still load the old setting from that if you only re-install

Deleted (after copying to USB) all saved settings, but it made no difference.
    Deleted game from system, and all related data, re-installed, but it made no difference.
    Vehicle, bikes, even running; all veer extremely left or right when using the analogue stick.

Have you got the six axis (Motion Control) controls on by any chance?

• Advertisement

Have you got the six axis (Motion Control) controls on by any chance?
    No, all off.
    It's unplayable at the moment.
    I've seen forums complaining about driving is like been on 'rails'.
    I've the opposite issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dont understand anyones issues with driving.

I find it perfect for the open world game, its near farcing game status online. Except when your spun out early doors.

w10 l14 online atm.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    dont understand anyones issues with driving.

I find it perfect for the open world game, its near farcing game status online. Except when your spun out early doors.

w10 l14 online atm.
    The issue is that I'm having a different experience on two different PS3's.
    I'm having huge 'over-steer' issues on mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Friend Computer

Any update on this? I'm having the same issue; bought it yesterday and the way the cars grip and violently veer left or right when steered is making driving impossible.

Any update on this? I'm having the same issue; bought it yesterday and the way the cars grip and violently veer left or right when steered is making driving impossible.

Has this been happening for both of you since the very start of the game?
    IE has it ever been normal?
    Like it's highly unlikely but am wondering if there's an issue with the copy of the game itself?

@OP, you said you deleted all the data and re-installed - did you start a new save then or? If not might be worth a shot to make sure the actual save game isn't corrupted. If that doesn't work then either there's something up with the game (but somehow will only affect you two which makes me wonder if its the disc.) Or there's some setting gone wierd..

Have you sent this one to R* support?

Has this been happening for both of you since the very start of the game?
    IE has it ever been normal?
    Like it's highly unlikely but am wondering if there's an issue with the copy of the game itself?

@OP, you said you deleted all the data and re-installed - did you start a new save then or? If not might be worth a shot to make sure the actual save game isn't corrupted. If that doesn't work then either there's something up with the game (but somehow will only affect you two which makes me wonder if its the disc.) Or there's some setting gone wierd..

Have you sent this one to R* support?
    It's been an issue right from the start for me.
    Prior to re-install, I copied all data on USB, and then deleted it from the PS3 (to rule out any game/save data).

It might be the disc, I haven't ruled that out. But the game was bought for me as a present, and they don't have the receipt. Might be still worthwhile asking Gamestop anyway.

I'm going to wipe/reset the PS3 itself. I don't have much data on it anyway, so I'm going to try that this week.

From the start with me, too. Tried changing controllers as I thought it could be a problem with the deadzone on one but with every other game it's fine.

Wasn't there a patch that made some modifications to the driving released a few weeks back? I haven't been prompted to update at any stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

i had this exact issue, and it was the motion controls in the controller being turned on. Far better after that.

From the start with me, too. Tried changing controllers as I thought it could be a problem with the deadzone on one but with every other game it's fine.

Wasn't there a patch that made some modifications to the driving released a few weeks back? I haven't been prompted to update at any stage.
    I'm not aware of any such issue being raised in that patch, only online connection issues, issues with single player vehicles going missing from the player garage and social club interaction bugs. If your game is running and you can connect to PSN then your running the most up to date version

i had this exact issue, and it was the motion controls in the controller being turned on. Far better after that.

Made sure to check originally and they were off. Still off now and I'm still encountering the issue.
    I'm not aware of any such issue being raised in that patch, only online connection issues, issues with single player vehicles going missing from the player garage and social club interaction bugs. If your game is running and you can connect to PSN then your running the most up to date version

My mistake, I just thought I'd seen something elsewhere. Is this just the way the steering is meant to be, perhaps?

To clarify, it's as if the analogue stick has a very large deadzone: small analogue stick movements make almost imperceptible movements in cars even when the stick's about halfway out and then it suddenly makes huge turns; there's zero gradation.

Either miniscule movement or on-rails turns, nothing in between.

• Advertisement

Did fully reset of the PS3, same issue remains.
    Going to try and take the game to Gamestop and see if they'll swap it, worth a try.

Did fully reset of the PS3, same issue remains.
    Going to try and take the game to Gamestop and see if they'll swap it, worth a try.

At this point I'd consider raising this here http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

The lads in R* are decent crowd, I'd also recommend recording a video on to Youtube showing your controller stick movement and the result on screen simultaneously

I'd even link this post also to she what you've already tried

Advertisement