Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jesus christ nintendo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

He'd of been grand had he not been uploading pics on Instagram like an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

A week or so before release? are they serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

I'd say he actually flew out to pay the store a visit, and as the guy was friends with the owner of the store....was a bonus :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭Nollog

It's illegal to break the street date for games there, if the guy wasn't fired and the store fined then I dunno what's wrong with the company.
    Sounds like they went to issue the store a fine and the kid went to the store to give the game back hoping to save the employee's job, which shouldn't be saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,907 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Thats odd because a few years ago they flew people out to give stuff away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

awww! I was hoping there was a game called Jesus Christ :(
    He's come back from the dead for revenge and nothings going to stop him!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Skerries wrote: »
    He can charm his enemies to fight for him, gain mob support by handing out free bread and fish (but you need to gather some first before you can use the ability) and best of all he'll automatically revive if he dies so no more annoyance if you die trying!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

It's a wierd game. A special move that forces your opponent to consider the lilly? Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start puts you into normal mode? Then there's that annoying minigame in the middle though where you keep trying to move a metaphorical cup away from Jesus, but god keeps pushing it back in his face. Oh the humanity.

I digress... It's fair enough - Nintendo are very protective of their properties. Not "Disney" protective but not far off. This tool was ruining the big surprise party they had planned for the last couple of years, they want him stopped and they want to make sure that next time no one else gets any big ideas.

Of course, given the douchery that goes on on the interwebs, they have probably only guaranteed that their next Pokémon release will get targeted by any number of faceless, sweaty, keyboard warriors for early reveals.

In many ways I'm glad to see them get this upset. The reveals don't hurt their sales, but they do hurt the "magic" of playing the game for the first time. So - regardless of what their account management or eShop pricing strategy might suggest - they clearly still care more about the players than the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Posting screen shots etc online, was pretty dumb, and the guy who did that, probably cost his friend his job. I find it hard to have sympathy really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Aside from it being illegal to break the street date, the rationale behind having a worldwide launch date for Japan, North America and Europe for the first time in Pokemon is so that every gets the same experience. Noone gets a head start on levelling and noone gets much time to finish the story and post images about it and as-yet unrevealed mons for people who have not gotten the game yet to see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

except if he comes back a week early. Then Nintendo might stop him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Get with the times, Nintendo.

You're acting like the RIAA a petulant child.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Nody wrote: »
    He can charm his enemies to fight for him, gain mob support by handing out free bread and fish (but you need to gather some first before you can use the ability) and best of all he'll automatically revive if he dies so no more annoyance if you die trying!

3 day respawn timer :/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

awww! I was hoping there was a game called Jesus Christ :( He's come back from the dead for revenge and nothings going to stop him!

Something like Super Noah's Ark 3D aka Doom clone!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

That reminds me **** ash , red is one badass motherf*cker :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Don`t be stupid the Pokémon Jesus is very weak up against fire types but tbf is a great HM Slave.

Advertisement