Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pot Hole !!!

Options
  • 03-10-2013 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Beware a major crater in the road heading to Skerries from Balbriggan just at Barnageeragh Cove. Hit it earlier and frightened the life out a me. Afraid to look at the car to see if there any damage .......... :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Have you reported it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Thanks am doing school run this morning and would die if I hit it.
    Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Sparky84

Yes I rang the Guards after it happened to let them be aware of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Sparky84 wrote: »
    Yes I rang the Guards after it happened to let them be aware of it.

You need to alert FCC - http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Roads/ContactUs/

Seen it.its marked with a cone.a good shower of rain and skerries will have their new swimming pool after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Just missed that this morning on the way to the train station. Is it a pot hole or or something to do with the work that's been going on there over the last few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fabre4

Huge crater - hit it last night at 7.30pm with an almighty bang suffering puncture in the process. Brought it to garage this morning and need brand new tyre. Alloys ok and no other damage that I can see but I don't know how tbh. :(

Absolute disgrace that if they were doing work there that it would be left like that :mad: Getting on to FCC as soon as I get a chance

Yep it's the work that was done over te past week.id say they just forgot to fill it in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Thanks! will look out for that later.
    Theres also one outside odweyers on the main road to look out for, more of a crease in the road than a pot hole.
    You should see the two in the centre of the road in chieftains way balbriggan... FCC roads contacted and they replied saying that the management company is to blame, but i thought the council had taken the roads in charge there... Mgmnt company my ar$e. they dont do anything and have left these holes in the road for the last 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

I saw it but thankfully I wasn't going too fast so I was able to avoid it
    It was a fairly big one alright

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

They have some cones on the bad bends at Barnageeragh now:eek: I saw two near misses so be very careful, I can only imagine what it will be like when it gets dark.

fergal.b wrote: »
    They have some cones on the bad bends at Barnageeragh now:eek: I saw two near misses so be very careful, I can only imagine what it will be like when it gets dark.

Try ,dark in the rain with a two year old undoing her seat belt and an 11 and. 17 year old fighting because one or the other took the front seat.
    Thoses cones don't light up much until your nearly on them and If they are mucky sure youd nearly be wearing the cone before you realised its there .
    There should be very advanced notice.
    Thanks for the advice .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Seeing as how the Giro d'Italia will be covering that road next year I'd fully expect it to be fixed properly fairly soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

There is another bit its not a pothole but it fairly shakes my car (i have 18" wheels with fairly low profile).
    It's the same size as one of those snakes that you would leave at a door for a draft, Parallel to the bus stop ouside St Mologas school... goes the whole width of the road, who in their right mind thought when they layed that down that it was ok and a good/tidy job? :confused:

Advertisement