Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nhl 14

Options
  • 03-10-2013 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Anyone buy it yet? used to love playing the nhl games and thinking of buying it..looks good from the videos on youtube? opinions would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've the demo downloaded and have only played it once. I've been playing NHL 12 for the last while.
    14 feels better on the ice and the fights are far easier to get into!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I've the demo downloaded and have only played it once. I've been playing NHL 12 for the last while.
    14 feels better on the ice and the fights are far easier to get into!

Whats the hitting system feel like? is it much fun to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I got NHL 11 or 12 a while back and really enjoyed it. I actually think I'll get it again this year for the laugh.

Reckon there'd be any interest in one of those Online Clubs here?

Dunno? would be good if we could get a few people to do it! doesn't seem to be much interest in nhl games around here, haven't seen a thread for any nhl game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

last one i played was nhl 10
    loved it, although i like the games of it, i wouldnt normally pick it up straight off id wait for a price drop
    all i ever seem to play against online is americans, which is fair to be honest.
    the sport itself doesnt seem popular over here

same as nba2k13 i bought that and i aint racially profiling or anything, but every single person i faced was african american and they kept calling me "cracka" what ever that means if i beat them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Considering getting this too. Had NHL13 and played it the most last year after PES13. Might buy the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Whats the hitting system feel like? is it much fun to play?

The hitting is good from what I can remember! The game play is just smoother overall in my opinion.

There's a Hockey forum on Boards too if you were looking for more people to play online.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

NHL games are class been ages since i bought one though , I have the 2k games one from 07 i think and didn't really like it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 21 vladicaris

Still no pc version..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Hello all,

I was sent a copy of this to review on XBox 360 which I haven't had a chance to look at yet. I'd love to be able to pass it on to one of you if you're willing to write up your thoughts on it and share it with the rest of us. If you'd like the game, please thank this post and I'll randomly pick one of you in a couple of days and get it posted to you.

I think the last time I played any sort of Ice Hockey game was on my old Atari Lynx! :) I do recall seeing one of the NHL games on a PS2 some years ago too - it may have been my brother's.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

OH the memories playing NHL on the megadrive :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Dcully wrote: »
    OH the memories playing NHL on the megadrive :)

I think NHL 14 has a mode that recreates the controls (the last few had a "two button" option too) and camera angles of NHL 94 with the current engine!

I think this is easily EA's best sports game - yet it only does a fraction of what FIFA or Tiger Woods does, still way less than Madden too, shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I want this, haven't bought an NHL game for a few years and I think I'm the only chance the Canucks have to win a cup. Must look and see if I can find a good deal on it somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Last one I had was NHL12 but with a lot of online issues it turned me off it. Enjoyed the demo but holding off in case there's any issues with online play.

Detroit Red Wings were my team Sergei Fedorov what a hero at the time and then later on in real life he bagged Anna Kournikova cementing his hero status to me lol

Love the pittsburgh penguins.. My favorite team to play with on NHL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Its a pity its not coming out on the PS4, I had planned on getting it and making the Ducks mighty again :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Woops, I forgot about this. Randomly selected Boardsie winner is DarkJager.

I'll send you a PM now and get your details.

Love the pittsburgh penguins.. My favorite team to play with on NHL

Jaromir Jagr and Pavel Bure on the wings ....Dream team lol used like them too

also congrats to Darkjager guess I'll go and buy it now was holding out in case i won lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Jaromir Jagr and Pavel Bure on the wings ....Dream team lol used like them too

also congrats to Darkjager guess I'll go and buy it now was holding out in case i won lol

Bure was best for the Canucks! Him and Linden were the dream line!

• Advertisement

Bure was best for the Canucks! Him and Linden were the dream line!

Epic user name

Advertisement