Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Odyssey Xbox

Options
  • 03-10-2013 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Has anyone played this game? I have had for a while and haven't given it a whole lot of gameplay. It is four discs long so am I wondering is it worth it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Yes, totally worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Martonio

Good enough for me! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

really enjoyed it myself, took around 80 hours or so, RPGS like it are thin on the ground on xbox outside of japan, and even at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

It's a good game that i didnt give enough time to either. Think i was about 3 discs in before i got distracted by something else. Hopefully ill finish it at some point.

Only 80 hours for a 4 disc game? Seems a little sparse. :/ I started it and likewise I got distracted by red dead redemption.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Martonio wrote: »
    Only 80 hours for a 4 disc game? Seems a little sparse. :/ I started it and likewise I got distracted by red dead redemption.

Only 80 :D? LOL,I still have it in my backlog to play :D.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,895 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It takes a very very long time before it gets good and the actual story is pretty mediocre. The best thing about the game are the short stories which are fantastic. I say get a much better RPG and play that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It takes a very very long time before it gets good and the actual story is pretty mediocre. The best thing about the game are the short stories which are fantastic. I say get a much better RPG and play that.

Like legend of dragoon?:D

Like the witcher?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,895 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Like legend of dragoon?:D

There's absolutely nothing good about that game.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There's absolutely nothing good about that game.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I found LO boring and cemented my belief that JRPGs just aren't for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Really enjoyed the game. Found that it did drag a bit before the end. Some really good characters as well. Jansen in particular stood out for me. Don't think it took me 80hrs to complete. More along the 40-50hr mark (although I did play it at lauch which was a long time ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

It's a great game. The story I found decent enough for the first three discs, but I don't know, the 4th disc was pretty poor. The 4th disc is good in other ways though. There are optional bosses and side stuff to do. If you are generally an achievement person, try not to be so much for Lost Odyssey in terms of 100%. The item collection achievement is a pain. You'd get a hell of a lot of gamerscore just for playing the game. Heck, in 4 achievements (the 4 discs) you have 500, and you'd get others along the way. It's just that item one, and one of the DLC achievements which is to kill a boss that are challenging.

I know this thread is about Lost Odyssey, but feel the need to say I never did get in to Blue Dragon or The Last Story. Hopefully Mistwalker does something good next time around, be it on the Wii U or the One.

(I didn't mention PS4 as they haven't, to date done anything there for Sony that I'm aware of, though obviously if they did on that I'd want it to be something I'd buy.)

Advertisement