Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor for electric sliding gate

Options
  • 03-10-2013 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi can anyone one advise which is better for a big heavy sliding gate:
    BFT ARES 1500 or FAAC 844 (max gate weight 1800kg)
    I have got some quotes for the job and am stuck between these two systems of similar price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭kub

bcolemax wrote: »
    Hi can anyone one advise which is better for a big heavy sliding gate:
    BFT ARES 1500 or FAAC 844 (max gate weight 1800kg)
    I have got some quotes for the job and am stuck between these two systems of similar price.

If its any help, i would recommend FAAC, that manufacturer would be regarded as the 'Mercedes Benz' of gate automation equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Hi, my house alarm is wireless on 868 frequency. I was going to buy a gate opener which is on the same frequency. Will this cause any problems between house alarm and gate opener? Hardly, probably a stupid question I know. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭altor

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Hi, my house alarm is wireless on 868 frequency. I was going to buy a gate opener which is on the same frequency. Will this cause any problems between house alarm and gate opener? Hardly, probably a stupid question I know. Thanks

Should not cause an issue as its more the id of the product that works the system.

That is not a stupid question, are you certain that your gate remote is on the same frequency?

Either way all of your alarm devices have been addressed to your alarm panel therefore your alarm will more than likely just disregard the signal from your gate remote.

P's what brand remote is it?

kub wrote: »
    That is not a stupid question, are you certain that your gate remote is on the same frequency?

Either way all of your alarm devices have been addressed to your alarm panel therefore your alarm will more than likely just disregard the signal from your gate remote.

P's what brand remote is it?

Faac remote.
    Aritech alarm panel

• Advertisement

Faac remote.
    Aritech alarm panel

Two reputable brands, you should not have any issues.

Thanks Kub and Altor for replies.

Will a Faac C720 sliding gate opener operate without a flashing light connected to control board?

Being offered one cheap but it comes without flashing light unit. I thought they may be some EU directive prevents operation of unit without light connected to control board?

Thanks Kub and Altor for replies.

Will a Faac C720 sliding gate opener operate without a flashing light connected to control board?

Being offered one cheap but it comes without flashing light unit. I thought they may be some EU directive prevents operation of unit without light connected to control board?

Yes it will work and to my knowledge those EU directives are not in force here yet. I do know that various National Governments have their own rules.
    Safety is however of paramount importance on auto gates so safety edges, photocells etc should all be considered.

So I bought a Faac C720 and have installed myself in an effort to save a few pennies. No suprise I have a problem. As per attached photo status is flashing "50" as expected indicating setup required. However when I press setup button nothing happens. I expect motor to start and for movement to serach for limit switches but NOTHING happens. Any suggestions?

I note that gate rolled very very freely before installing nylon rack/motor and was suprised that it takes a bit of effort to slide gate with motor lock disengaged for manual movement.

Easy Bus photo cell installed.

Thanks!

So I bought a Faac C720 and have installed myself in an effort to save a few pennies. No suprise I have a problem. As per attached photo status is flashing "50" as expected indicating setup required. However when I press setup button nothing happens. I expect motor to start and for movement to serach for limit switches but NOTHING happens. Any suggestions?

I note that gate rolled very very freely before installing nylon rack/motor and was suprised that it takes a bit of effort to slide gate with motor lock disengaged for manual movement.

Easy Bus photo cell installed.

Thanks!

Got it sorted. Had to bridge wiring for no traditional safety devices. Now to intercom and keypad release

• Advertisement
Advertisement