Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Calls to China ??

Options
  • 03-10-2013 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am with Meteor and need to ring a mobile in China. They are costing me nearly 50 cent a minute, and the calls are quite long

I've used viber etc but some times the calls drop so much telephone is only option

Can some one suggest a cheaper provider (I have a 2nd simfree phone)

Also I now there were some services where you dial a low cal number first, but the bit of googling I did came up with nothign current

My phonebills would pay for my flight back over, so any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Tesco Mobile ?
    China 1c landline - 2c mobile - 14c text

http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/international/index.aspx

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I think Lyca do it cheap as well. You could consider using a voip provider (like Skype) and using that to call China too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Mr. G wrote: »
    I think Lyca do it cheap as well. You could consider using a voip provider (like Skype) and using that to call China too

Skype drops out a lot , and Viber when its good is good, but when it keeps dropping is very frustrating - due to time distance one of usually is usually tired when we talk

Advertisement