Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old TV cameras

Options
  • 03-10-2013 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey,

Looking for a camera enthusiast that might have/know where I can get cameras that would have been used by the media in the 80's.
    I know that a lot of stations used film cameras with the top loading magazines, I've seen pictures of these being used on the cameramens shoulders.
    Looking for large Beta cams etc, whatever may have been used in press conferences..on tripods etc. Large bulky cameras.
    Open to all suggestions and corrections!
    It's for a TV production set between '79 and '91.
    Would be looked to hire over several weeks ideally

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Judge

Cathy,

You might be able to get some advice on the Tech-Ops section of the Mausoleum Club forum here. A number of ex-BBC and ITV engineers post there so they might be able to give you at least some pointers as to the types of cameras that would have been in use and maybe where models could be sourced.

Is this for the Charlie Haughey drama?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cathyhego

Thanks Judge.

Yes it is indeed for the Charlie Haughey drama. As you can imagine, there will be quite a press presence :P

Advertisement