Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screenwriting courses

Options
  • 03-10-2013 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi all,

I was looking for a weekend course in screenwriting some years ago, but I haven't had much luck since. I am still interested in a screenwriting course, but as I work full-time and am not based in the Dublin area, my only option really is a weekend course. Are there any such things?

I have previously studied some basics in screenwriting, but it's a long time ago and I haven't kept up those skills. (If, indeed, I ever had any...)

Regards,
    Pamela

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

pami_81 wrote: »
    ... as I work full-time and am not based in the Dublin area, my only option really is a weekend course

Not strictly on screenwriting but we have introduced live online writing courses on both weekdays and weekends which means it does not matter where you live. Info is at writerswebtv.com

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭SilSil

I had screenwriting classes at the university and I am mad about it, so if anyone has an additional information about courses please do share :P

• Registered Users Posts: 27 pami_81

I have had no luck yet, unfortunately. I also did screenwriting as part of a wider writing course, but it was years ago, so I've forgotten pretty much everything at this stage and would like a refresher.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

Don't know if anybody interested but there is a course "Introduction to screen writing": A four part lecture series starting Thursday November 14th in Longford County Library 7.30 – 9.30pm and then each Thursday. It's hosted by screen-writer & director Laurence Henson. It costs €50 for the course.

In the interested in openness I am a member of Out-Take Films the group that has organised the course.

Let me know if anybody interested.

**MODS: if im out of line please let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 27 pami_81

I could possibly be interested even though it's a bit of a stretch with my working hourse... I'll take a look at the website which I presume would give more information.

• Advertisement
Advertisement