Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking code for mobile

Options
  • 02-10-2013 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I want to unlock my phone in order to free it from my current network operator with whom I am having a dispute. I went into a number of shops that advertise such a service and they all told me the same thing, that it would be €25 and that it would take 3 working days. Apparently they get a code from somewhere and text it to you. Does anyone know where they get this code from, because if its the network operator im sure they wont release it and possibly black list my phone if they see a request. I am using a Sony Xperia

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Darren40 wrote: »
    I want to unlock my phone in order to free it from my current network operator with whom I am having a dispute. I went into a number of shops that advertise such a service and they all told me the same thing, that it would be €25 and that it would take 3 working days. Apparently they get a code from somewhere and text it to you. Does anyone know where they get this code from, because if its the network operator im sure they wont release it and possibly black list my phone if they see a request. I am using a Sony Xperia

Did they threaten you with this? If they did and you own that phone, I would be going to comreg and the national consumer agency.

You can get it online. There are plenty of websites that will send it to you. Some vary on time delivery

Advertisement