Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering code for CS250

Options
  • 02-10-2013 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I recently bought a house with a Aritech CS250 installed, I want to change the user code but don't have the engineering code. The Aritech default (1278) doesn't work :(
    The company that installed it (Lawless) aren't reachable and don't seem to be in business any more.

Is it possible to reset the engineering code? Or do I have to get someone to completely flash/reset the system?

Thanks,
    Hugh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

If you enter your current user code does it bring you into a menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hugh_odonoghue

Afraid not, I think access to the menu was removed as part of the setup, I'd need to engineering code to re-enable it I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Then you'll need the engineers code or get it reset. There's no other way I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Afraid not, I think access to the menu was removed as part of the setup, I'd need to engineering code to re-enable it I guess.

If you PM me who installed the system I will check my list to see if I have the code.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

He already posted who installed it.
    Hi,

The company that installed it (Lawless) aren't reachable and don't seem to be in business any more.

Might be lucky sourcing a code , if not the CS250 needs to be defaulted by an engineer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hugh.

Hi Hugh, have two engineer codes for them. Sent you a P.M.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 d1965

Hi I was looking at your post re engineer code for lawless alarms. Would appreciate if you could pass these on thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭daheff

Have you tried unscrewing your box?

I spotted mine had a sheet printed inside it which has the engineering code on it.

Advertisement