Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Party with a difference?

Options
  • 02-10-2013 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

Really want to organize a crimbo party with a difference for my work colleagues. I have about €100 pp to play with for like 30 people maybe more.

Tired of the usual reception, dinner, band, dj gig. Open to all suggestions :-)

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

I am no affiliated with the company below, but I have always wanted to try it.

http://www.christmasparty.ie/brochure/christmas_murder_mystery/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 KimboForte

I was really interested in this one but turns out the reviews are very disappointing :-( was considering spending a night in a hotel and using the murder mystery on top but worked out oo expensive. Any other ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Have you thought of making it a Scavenger hunt mixing in the 12 pubs of Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

With that kind of budget, I'd be inclined to simply pick a good pub e.g. one of the Galway Bay Brewery bars that do craft beers etc. and cover the food and drink bill for the night. Far more fun than the debs-lite Christmas Party and with those numbers I'd be surprised if you couldn't get a bar to do you some platters etc. Unless the office is full of absolute alco's it should cover you to include partners too...

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

According to their 2012 brochure, it costs less than 100 quid per person for a round of shooting and dinner. You'll have to email/call them for your group size and to find out more info relating to this year..but I've always wanted to do this, it seems so out of the ordinary for an activity!

http://www.courtlough.ie/corporate-shooting-events/christmas-parties-courtlough/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 jayo1976

Check out Buskers bar on Fleet street, they do finger food platters, have good seating space, always seem to have live music, and also I think they let Buskers punters into the Alchemy night Club for free... (the year we went there we did anyway:cool:). Pretty sure they take part in a 12 pubs of Christmas thing as well if that's your scene.

Advertisement