Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenue Job Assist

Options
  • 02-10-2013 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,
    I started work in May 2011. I am still working for same company but they let me go for 2 months 6 months after I started. I recently heard about Revenue job assist scheme. The main criteria is that you work a minimum of 30 hours per week and are in a job that is capable of lasting more than 12 months. The job I took was capable of lasting more than 12 months as I am still there over 2 years later but because they let me go for 2 months revenue are saying I don't fit criteria for scheme. my argument is that the question was is it capable of lasting more than 12 months not that it had to last 12 months. Can anyone please advise me on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Hi,
    I started work in May 2011. I am still working for same company but they let me go for 2 months 6 months after I started. I recently heard about Revenue job assist scheme. The main criteria is that you work a minimum of 30 hours per week and are in a job that is capable of lasting more than 12 months. The job I took was capable of lasting more than 12 months as I am still there over 2 years later but because they let me go for 2 months revenue are saying I don't fit criteria for scheme. my argument is that the question was is it capable of lasting more than 12 months not that it had to last 12 months. Can anyone please advise me on this?

I think you're missing the point. The scheme isn't retrospective (i.e. you cannot apply midway through a job). You have to apply when you start the new job and sign off. The scheme was abolished from July 31st 2013 and is being replaced by JobPlus which is a direct grant to the employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mortgagemess

ok but I wasn't aware of this scheme until recently so should I still be ok to apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 One Life

ok but I wasn't aware of this scheme until recently so should I still be ok to apply?

No.

why not?

No, as I said, it can't be backdated. It is only open to people who have been unemployed before they applied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 One Life

why not?

As mentioned above, you have to apply when you start the new job. You can't just apply now that you have been working with the company for awhile, regardless of if you were aware of the scheme or not.

However, if you have a medical card you will be entitled to pay a lower Universal Social Charge (USC) of 4% (and not 7%). That will be applied by Revenue for you.

well the issue is not getting them to back date it the issue is that they are saying that I had to have stayed in the job for 12 months minimum but on application it says that should has to be capable of lasting 12 months

I have looked this up and seemingly they do backdate this payment

I have looked this up and seemingly they do backdate this payment

The scheme was abolished in July. Your local revenue office would be the best port of call to explain your situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

I applied for this last year after working for the company for 2 years and they backdated the tax credits to when I started. Which meant I got a nice lump sum back into my account :)

Afaik I'm still on the 3rd year reduced tax credits. I'm not sure if the scheme is still operating.

I rang revenue back today and another lady is going to look into it for me. thanks for your responses

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

I started a job over a year ago and I met this criteria - can I apply now? The job started earlier in the year before the cut off date - can they apply the credits now? Would really appreciate any help on this..

Advertisement