Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor Courts

Options
  • 02-10-2013 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Have tried Google but not getting too much luck, I'm trying to find some indoor tennis courts anywhere south of the M50, that you can pay per visit and don't need to be a club member. Does anyone know anywhere?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Iano_128 wrote: »
    Have tried Google but not getting too much luck, I'm trying to find some indoor tennis courts anywhere south of the M50, that you can pay per visit and don't need to be a club member. Does anyone know anywhere?
    Spawell in Templeogue used to have an indoor court. Not sure if it's still there but it might be worth giving them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

Iano_128 wrote: »

Think there is a place in Cork! Seriously nowhere in Dublin south of M50.

Indoor courts in Dublin that I can think of :

Fitzwilliam LTC - members
    David Lloyd - expensive membership
    Westwood Leopardstown - 80ish a month membership
    Westwood Clontarf - 80ish a month membership
    DCU (national indoor training centre ) - open to the public
    Castleknock LTC - membership
    Carrickmines LTC - membership

Members can bring guests into all those places although some of them are up to €25 for a day pass.

Did you get your racket by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Iano_128

shutup wrote: »
    Think there is a place in Cork! Seriously nowhere in Dublin south of M50.

Indoor courts in Dublin that I can think of :

Fitzwilliam LTC - members
    David Lloyd - expensive membership
    Westwood Leopardstown - 80ish a month membership
    Westwood Clontarf - 80ish a month membership
    DCU (national indoor training centre ) - open to the public
    Castleknock LTC - membership
    Carrickmines LTC - membership

Members can bring guests into all those places although some of them are up to €25 for a day pass.

Did you get your racket by the way?

Great reply, thanks man!! so DCU is my only option really other than paying membership.. Hmmm think I'll have to bear the elements for now and play outdoors. And yep sure did :) It came today! Got the Dunlop Apex 250. It seems like a good one so hopefully it is! Now all I gotta do is get plenty of practice in before Winter really hits..

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

That racket is very good.
    It was good advice from John to not get a cheap one.
    Most of us play on outdoor courts all year. You will get more done than you might think.
    However, I say that after we cancelled our Thursday doubles tonight!
    Indoor courts only make you soft and its hard to ever go back out once you get used to them.
    My advice would be to join a club. You will meet more people to play with so will improve faster.
    If you have any questions on which club, I might be able to help, just let me know where you are living.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Iano_128

Thanks again :) Have just sent you a PM.

• Advertisement
Advertisement