Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Golden pages Print Advertising?

Options
  • 02-10-2013 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me the cost of advertising in the golden pages print directory? For a half page or a full page advertisement? For the 01, 04 and 06 areas.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

have you tried asking them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Whitedoor10

Yes, I phoned them and the lady said that she didn't have access to the rates.

3 or 4 years ago a full page was, from memory, about 18.000 + VAT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Whitedoor10

Thanks, that should give me a pretty good idea. Has anyone got any more recent prices?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Who did you talk to in Golden pages? I'd imagine their sales department would nearly kill to get a phone call from someone who is still considering advertising with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Have you seen the latest addition? Tiny in comparison to what it was say 6 years ago. The internet has well and truly killed what was a golden goose.

I don't bother even opening it anymore, it goes straight in the recycling bin.

I don't bother even opening it anymore, it goes straight in the recycling bin.

Same here, I'd imagine the recycling trucks are about 5 times the usual weight the week GoldenPages get delivered.

Cannot remember the last time I even looked for a telephone directory or a GP.... Out in the green bin every time, online at home and office!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭harpsman

I got my renewal notice few wks ago-i have online near top in dub 3, small box in print version and the free 1 liner in print-cost 467.seems okish

harpsman wrote: »
    I got my renewal notice few wks ago-i have online near top in dub 3, small box in print version and the free 1 liner in print-cost 467.seems okish

Sounds like a fairly expensive way of getting directly into my green bin tbh.

Do you find you get much business from the ad?

• Advertisement

Tbh I dont know how much business I get through it-I suppose I should be more proactive in finding out. Probably get enough business from it to cover cost of ad anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭jetsonx

harpsman wrote: »
    Probably get enough business from it to cover cost of ad anyway.

You have a serious problem with your business thinking! Good business is not about making an investment and getting a miniscule return on it. It is about making an investment and getting a half-decent/ good return on your investment.

Moreover, the Golden Pages is now a dead medium used as a big yellow doorstop in offices and apartment buildings throughout the country. It is a complete waste of money.

jetsonx wrote: »
    You have a serious problem with your business thinking! Good business is not about making an investment and getting a miniscule return on it. It is about making an investment and getting a half-decent/ good return on your investment.

Moreover, the Golden Pages is now a dead medium used as a big yellow doorstop in offices and apartment buildings throughout the country. It is a complete waste of money.
    Well I do run a very profitable business so I must be doing something right.
    Im aware that breaking even on an investment isnt much use and that it has to generate some sort of profit-I was really just using shorthand for saying that that based on current usage of GP and GP online(some people still do use it) its generating enough business to cover the 467 Im spending on ad.
    Having said that I am considering if there is a better way of spending that 467.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭jetsonx

Create a new micro-site for your business i.e. a supplementary website for your business (which compliments your main website) but giving it to the Golden Pages is just like burning money. Your micro-site will still be there in 5 years time and by that stage the Golden Pages will have gone bust...

Dont think I ll do that.Was thinking more targeted local marketing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Package of a couple of line ad in the golden pages, listings in all the regional phone books and online advert costs my company €2000 + VAT. Personally I feel it's a waste of money for what we get out of it but our senior executive feels we cannot be without a listing. It's cheaper for us to be in all three versions that just one due to how they load their discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭al22

In 2012 I got just TWO calls from people through my adv in 3 books - Dublin, Cork and Galway. In 2013 - same 3 books - none.

How people can find me - if I myself did not received any printed GP Book for 2013/14 at all? And nobody of my neighbourgs too. Have 3 phone lines, in Dublin West area. Realised just now - no books and nothing changed in my office.

al22 wrote: »
    In 2012 I got just TWO calls from people through my adv in 3 books - Dublin, Cork and Galway. In 2013 - same 3 books - none.

How people can find me - if I myself did not received any printed GP Book for 2013/14 at all? And nobody of my neighbourgs too. Have 3 phone lines, in Dublin West area. Realised just now - no books and nothing changed in my office.
    Thx all for advice. Decided to dump GP ad. Happy now that i did

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Till Rolls

I think the days of golden pages are few and numbered, I don't know anyone who would look in it for anything anymore. Google has put in the bin in most households and businesses. I used to advertise with them but the cost was not justifiable. Google is the only way everyone now has smart phones and that what they use.

Advertisement