Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mini Cooper S Heating Problems..

Options
  • 02-10-2013 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi all I am having a slight problem with the heating in my car. It is a Mini Cooper S.. The fans inside the car are working, but the fans wont blow out hot air. just keeps blowing out cold. even when the car is well heated up ?..
    Could it be the thermostat is gone ?..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Did you check if there is coolant in it? Or else maybe the thermostat is stuck open, this should not matter after 10 mins or so driving so no coolant is a more likely solution...

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Chippy01

Heater matrix flow control valve is probably stuck shut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭jayunot777

I made sure last night the coolant level was at max for in the morning.. And this morning same thing driving for 30 mins and still not warm just blowing cold air ..do u know where the heater matrix control valve located mate . Checked the manual I cant seem to come across it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

I would say the heater matrix is blocked.

We changed the heater matrix on your car (when it belonged to a previous owner) at the beginning of this year because of the same issue. The cooling system had a lot of residue built up in it which had blocked the matrix, we flushed the cooling system multiple times before fitting the new matrix but it is very difficult to get all of the crap out of them so it is possible that the same problem has returned.

Unlike most cars the heater matrix is quite easy to remove and refit in those Minis so it shouldn't be too big a deal to sort out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭jayunot777

I would say the heater matrix is blocked.

We changed the heater matrix on your car (when it belonged to a previous owner) at the beginning of this year because of the same issue. The cooling system had a lot of residue built up in it which had blocked the matrix, we flushed the cooling system multiple times before fitting the new matrix but it is very difficult to get all of the crap out of them so it is possible that the same problem has returned.

Unlike most cars the heater matrix is quite easy to remove and refit in those Minis so it shouldn't be too big a deal to sort out.

thanks george i will pm you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭pedatron

Think I am also having this issue. Can anyone tell me was it easy sort it in the finish? I'll be calling my garage Monday! Hope it dns't take much to fix! I've only just got my car! :(

The car that was the subject of this thread turned out to have a cracked cylinder head which was the cause of the problem all along. We fixed it for the current owner earlier this year.

I hope for your sake your car is not the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

The car that was the subject of this thread turned out to have a cracked cylinder head which was the cause of the problem all along. We fixed it for the current owner earlier this year.

Hi George, was that the super or turbo charged engine, out of interest?

Supercharged.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭pedatron

Oh wow I'm hoping it's not something as big as that! Car is running perfect right now just no heat. Thanks for replying and I'll let ye know how I get on

• Advertisement
Advertisement