Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CMS (content Management software)

Options
  • 01-10-2013 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

i've build a site and want to add a cms. all the cms's i found out there seem to need you to create a site around them. i'm wondering if there is anything that can be added to a website that will work with my css. and that's simple to use for the end user (clients)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

petegavin wrote: »
    i've build a site and want to add a cms. all the cms's i found out there seem to need you to create a site around them. i'm wondering if there is anything that can be added to a website that will work with my css. and that's simple to use for the end user (clients)

Yeah you have done it the wrong way around, you do the CMS first and then build the site. Probably easiest to change the site to a wordpress theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 petegavin

dam ah well live and learn, was hoping that there would be an cms option out there. thanks for your response

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mrbubbles

As ChRoMe has said, it's possible to convert most existing HTML/CSS websites into a Wordpress theme.

There is a book called Building WordPress Themes from Scratch which takes you through the process of converting a set of static HTML pages into a Wordpress theme - you may be able to apply the same principals to your own project.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

mrbubbles wrote: »
    As ChRoMe has said, it's possible to convert most existing HTML/CSS websites into a Wordpress theme.

There is a book called Building WordPress Themes from Scratch which takes you through the process of converting a set of static HTML pages into a Wordpress theme - you may be able to apply the same principals to your own project.

What a really affordable book.... is the price for real?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Normally that is the wrong way around, you pick the CMS first and then use it to build your site, but there are a couple of CMS that you can install just by adding a little code to an existing site.

I have never used any of these, but I believe Simple CMS works like this, and I think Cushy CMS (site seems to be down at the moment) does too.

AFAIK there are a few others and they tend to be called light or lite CMS, so you could try googling for those too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mrbubbles

Oooerrr, I didn't notice that! Maybe just get it from Rockable press instead :)http://rockablepress.com/books/building-wordpress-themes-from-scratch

Advertisement