Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a pond using natural materials

Options
  • 01-10-2013 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi - im looking to build a pond using natural materials. the only options i appear to have are to build using a lime concrete or i know the next one sounds mad but i dont see why it would'nt work, using beeswax melted onto compacted earth.

Has anyone ever heard of anyone using a wax as a pond liner and if so how it worked out?

I know that worms will probably poke their heads through the bottom of the wax liner, breaking the seal but would imagine the amount of water lost would be very manageable

any advice, thoughts or comments at least a little bit relevant are very much welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭rje66

use clay , trample it in , wet it and go over with a trowel to smooth it off.
    job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭650gs

hahahahahahah hohohohohoho heheheehhahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 20 trousers on backwards

rje66 wrote: »
    use clay , trample it in , wet it and go over with a trowel to smooth it off.
    job done.

sounds like an easier way indeed, thanks will give it a bash

Advertisement