Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manganese and Hyrdogen Sulphide

Options
  • 01-10-2013 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

I recently got a new well bored, and got the analysis sample taken today.

Just visually and from a smell, its clear I've got manganese (you can see little black bits in the water - like tea leaves) and hydrogen sulphide. The test is going to take a couple of weeks to get back to me.

So in the mean time we have not been drinking the water and will continue not to. But I'm just worried about the plumbing. I don't want to get a new treatment system in before I get the full results, as I'll probably have to handle bacteria with UV filter and whatever else.

There is an existing treatment system for lime, but that is really designed for the old shallow well.

However, in the short term, probably 2 to 4 weeks, can manganese damage the plumbing in my house, such as the cylinder or pipes?

Advertisement