Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle Story

Options
  • 01-10-2013 7:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭

Been eyeing this one up on steam, looks very interesting...

Has anyone here got it yet?
    £15 on an early access indie is a lot, but I'm getting drawn in...
    http://www.castlestory.net/

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I paid more then that for plenty of indy (kickstarter) games that are not even in alpha yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Yeah, but £15 is a lot for an indie game in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I've paid €18+ for a few, and then discovered I didn't really like them at all. It's the chance you take. If you're on a tight budget and need it to count, maybe wait for full reviews on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

It looks really good and has been getting a lot of praise. Holding off for a bit myself but will pick it up at some point!

I caved and bought it.

It's buggy, as to be expected at this point, but I can see a lot of potential to it.

Once complete, I can see it being a very popular game, especially if they allow a multiplayer mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I bought Godus, and it's buggy as hell. It was only 40% complete when the beta was released public, fine I thought - won't be long until they add to that and there will be updates. Nope, still waiting ...

Not sure if I'd like Castle story. I never played, nor was I interested in minecraft. Is this much the same? or a lot more to it?

it's different
    you build a little team of guys who can be workers, archers etc, collect resources and build your castle brick by brick.

Haven't played survival mode yet, so not sure what the deal is there, but I like the building. You lay out a blueprint brick by brick and leave your guys to work away on it.

Advertisement