Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freelancing

Options
  • 30-09-2013 9:53pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone interested in doing some freelancing work with me as I have a project lined up for a client in the UK. Could use an extra pair of hands/developer or developers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Itzy wrote: »
    Anyone interested in doing some freelancing work with me as I have a project lined up for a client in the UK. Could use an extra pair of hands/developer or developers.

You would want to give a lot more information than that!

Whats the stack, how long is the project etc, how can you expect anyone to formulate a meaningful response?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Sorry. Rooky mistake. The project is being developed in Java and the time to complete it is 30 days from today. The desktop application is being used to view Market Trading Data and generate reports based on the clients own portfolio. The pay out is in excess of a few grand.

Sorry. Rooky mistake. The project is being developed in Java and the time to complete it is 30 days from today. The desktop application is being used to view Market Trading Data and generate reports based on the clients own portfolio. The pay out is in excess of a few grand.

Thats called a "death march" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_march_(project_management)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Two sides of the same coin, both concepts are inextricably linked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Post the daily rate or most people will just ignore it. "A few grand" - soooo vague.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Better idea, read the charter and don't post job ads outside the sticky thread that's there for them. Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement