Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoes for work

Options
  • 30-09-2013 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Can anyone recommend shoes that are stylish but comfortable for work? I am on my feet all day and I am in agony from wearing pumps :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

A medium wedge or cuban heel is your best bet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I wear Clark's brogues to work, and I'm on my feet all day. They have a really supportive insole, and look good with trousers/dresses/skirts. http://www.clarks.co.uk/c/womens-shoes/brogues

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I spend quite a bit of time on my feet for work and I buy either Gabor or Clarke shoes. They are really comfortable. They are expensive but last forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Thanks a million for the suggestions girls! An excuse to go shopping at the weekend! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I agree a good pair of work shoes are essential. Ecco are extremely comfortable, but they can be a bit mumsy. I have hit on a nice pair once or twice, but sometimes they look like something a nun would wear!

Clarks are also good and a little cheaper than Ecco. I bought a pair similar to this last week

http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/20355524

Although they have a bit of a heel, they are so cushioned, your feel don't feel it at all.

I think work shoes are worth spending a bit of money on, the dearer ones last for ages. The cheaper pumps etc are a false economy as you need to buy them twice as often!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ciara GaGa

Ecco, or M&S

Advertisement