Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'In Your Shoes' RTE TV show with teens with disabilites

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Maryanne40

Thank you Rainy Day; I just looked at it now on RTE Player. Interesting. Reminds me a little bit of Beyond Boundaries from a few years ago. Looking forward to the rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Edel Reck

I am the originator of the said series IN YOUR SHOES and I hope everybody enjoys it. It is not intended to remind viewers of NO BOUNDARIES and I sincerely hope it wont as the week's go by.

Curious as to why you dislike the comparison with 'Beyond Boundaries'? I found it a very interesting and thought provoking programme myself, while also disliking some of the stereotyping.

Hi Maryanne40

I don't dislike the comparison at all. I really liked BEYOND BOUNDARIES aswell. The difference with IN YOUR SHOES is that half the participants able-bodied and half have a sensory or physical disability. The aim of the series is to show that although some people may appear different, ultimately we are just the same as everyone else. I hope it will be thought provoking and help to break a lot of outdated stereotypes.

I wish you well with it Edel.

I acquired my disability in 1978 (road traffic accident) and both attitudes and accessibility have got dramatically better since then, but there is always room for further improvement.

• Advertisement

Thanks Maryanne. I agree with you. I hope you'll continue to watch and enjoy the series. It was alot of fun making it and the participants learned alot from it.

Thanks RainyDay for your response to my earlier message about IN YOUR SHOES. I am delighted you are enjoying the series. I had hoped that there would be more discussion and comments which is why I was a little concerned. I am also the originator of a series called Two for the Road which was broadcast in 2011.

Thanks again RainyDay and I hope you will continue to watch and enjoy IN YOUR SHOES. Tell all your friends to watch too!!

Maybe I wont remove the posts if you think that by having them there it wont make a huge difference.

Thanks again.

Best wishes,

Edel.

This can be an awfully quiet forum Edel...I don't think it's a reflection on you or the show....which is very watchable! You can really see the different personalities emerging now and looking at the interactions between them all is very enjoyable. Great kids, the lot of them...and it looks like they had the time of their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Seanokelly123

I thought that this was a really good series. I thought Ruairi was very inspiring

Advertisement