Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rakoczy solid fuel boiler

Options
  • 30-09-2013 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

I am in the process of building a boiler house For a solid fuel boiler. Just wondering if anyone of you has a rakoczy boiler & what you think of them. I want to use this solid fuel boiler in conjunction with an oil boiler. There is a sealed heating system in the house. I will be getting a plumber to fit it . Can I leave it a sealed system or do we have to change it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Froststop

Remmie 223 wrote: »
    I am in the process of building a boiler house For a solid fuel boiler. Just wondering if anyone of you has a rakoczy boiler & what you think of them. I want to use this solid fuel boiler in conjunction with an oil boiler. There is a sealed heating system in the house. I will be getting a plumber to fit it . Can I leave it a sealed system or do we have to change it?

Where are you buying it?
    Have you a specification for the boiler?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Remmie 223

Hi froststop have not bought it yet, i have looked at a few different types makes & models, this one is a 30 kw & comes with 50 months warranty. My house is 2300 sq ft. It has a wet grate. The sales man lit it, and had rads hot in 15 min, now there were only four of them, but we were in the show room for an hour & they were still hot with 3 or 4 small blocks of to timber

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Froststop

Hi froststop have not bought it yet, i have looked at a few different types makes & models, this one is a 30 kw & comes with 50 months warranty. My house is 2300 sq ft. It has a wet grate. The sales man lit it, and had rads hot in 15 min, now there were only four of them, but we were in the show room for an hour & they were still hot with 3 or 4 small blocks of to timber

Hi Remmie, Your first question related to being able to use on a sealed system or will the heating system need to be changed to an open vented system.
    I have checked the web site for spec's for the boiler but their is no spec available. You need to find the max working pressure of the boiler to decide if it's suitable for a sealed system. I would guess and say it can but you need to check to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 keithk81

Hi
    I am wondering have you installed your boiler yet and if so whats it like i am in the same position at the minute , i am going to install one but dont know wat there like i have been talking to different boys in wirk about them who are fron polland and ukraine and they say that they are the best thing ever. They also said that no matter which one you go for there all the same at the end of the day

Advertisement