Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

haunted house?

Options
  • 30-09-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Right here goes, I rarely post on boards but some things have been happening in my house and I wouldn't mind getting an opinion or three :) I moved into an old style council maisonette last year and weird things are happening..

First off, I was reading in the sitting room a while ago, the TV was off on standby,the remote was across the room and the telly just suddenly turned on. It happened again last week,I was in the house on my own in bed and woke with the telly blaring at 6 in the morning. Last night I was going to bed and reached over to close the curtains and noticed a strand of hair just floating in mid air.There has been a few occurrences of the house not being as it was when I left it..ie doors closed when i've left them open

A few psychics have told me I have the gift and I do feel something here and it is strongest in my bedroom...I often sleep in my kids room if I feel really spooked.A neighbour of mine told me months ago that "there was something wrong with my flat as no one ever lasts that long in it"

I like the house and don't want to move,I wouldn't have anywhere to go anyway since you are pretty much shagged if you give up a council house.

Any advice or suggestions?
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

get the house blessed maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

The hair could be from a previous tenant. The tv is easily explained. It's only a power surge or a neighbour has the same tv and his remote signal is interfering with your tv. something like that. It's happened on my own. Try turning the tv off at the set itself. Bad catches on the doors can often explain the door issue, or if a door frame is unlevel the door will actually close itself. I'm not being a cynic here but these issues are far from paranormal I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I would agree with Dtp1079. Dont worry about psychics telling you you have a gift - they tend to tell everyone that. Its pretty easy to convince yourself theres a ghost in the house. The strand of hair could have came from anywhere. TVs on standby can (its happened to me a few times) turn themselves on - normally due to natural signals from elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

make a point of plugging out the telly...then you should have no problems regards that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

... unless it comes on again. *then* its time to get worried.

• Advertisement
Advertisement