Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Jaw Technologies

Options
  • 30-09-2013 8:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Does anyone have an insight into Open Jaw and what they are like to work for? Perhaps some folks on here have worked there before or know people in there?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

I haven't worked for them, but I did interview with them. Seemed like a nice bunch, the people interviewing me were sound anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Some of my friends did internships for them this year, I will try get them to post up some reviews.

n1ck wrote: »
    Some of my friends did internships for them this year, I will try get them to post up some reviews.

And here's the reply from one of them:

I spent six months working at OpenJaw during my work placement internship this year. The people that work there are incredibly passionate about their jobs! My work was a bit different as I was interning there but I still learnt a lot. The company is divided into two main departments: Product and Solutions. I was assigned into the Solutions department, so I don’t really know much about the Product side other than they develop OpenJaw’s t-Retail platform.

The Solutions team is split into different teams, each team has a customer they work with to create, update and maintain a website. I was assigned a team that had already created the website and was providing their customer with minor updates and support. We primarily used XSL, XML,JavaScript,JSP and HTML/CSS, but it ranged from team-to-team. We also wrote and maintained xDistributor rules(OpenJaw’s proprietary software).

It was my first experience in a real job and the work was pretty difficult, but very rewarding. Whenever I got stuck there was always somebody around to brainstorm against, and that wasn’t just because I was an intern!

That’s pretty much all I can think of, I hope it helps! One last thing I’d like to mention is that the staff were so friendly and welcoming! I met a lot of great people there, made some friends and learnt far more in six months than my three years in college!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Atomico

n1ck wrote: »
    And here's the reply from one of them:

I spent six months working at OpenJaw during my work placement internship this year. The people that work there are incredibly passionate about their jobs! My work was a bit different as I was interning there but I still learnt a lot. The company is divided into two main departments: Product and Solutions. I was assigned into the Solutions department, so I don’t really know much about the Product side other than they develop OpenJaw’s t-Retail platform.

The Solutions team is split into different teams, each team has a customer they work with to create, update and maintain a website. I was assigned a team that had already created the website and was providing their customer with minor updates and support. We primarily used XSL, XML,JavaScript,JSP and HTML/CSS, but it ranged from team-to-team. We also wrote and maintained xDistributor rules(OpenJaw’s proprietary software).

It was my first experience in a real job and the work was pretty difficult, but very rewarding. Whenever I got stuck there was always somebody around to brainstorm against, and that wasn’t just because I was an intern!

That’s pretty much all I can think of, I hope it helps! One last thing I’d like to mention is that the staff were so friendly and welcoming! I met a lot of great people there, made some friends and learnt far more in six months than my three years in college!

Wow nice one Nick, thanks very much for taking the time to do that! Appreciate it. Sounds like a cool company based on that anyway!

No worries, I literally just asked them to write something and that's what one of them got back to me with. They all seemed to really enjoy working there, seems like a good company!

Good luck if you're going for a job or work placement!

• Advertisement
Advertisement