Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help

Options
  • 30-09-2013 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Im doing my leaving cert this year i will only be 16 doing it and i have done no work in 5th year and none so far this year i cant get my self to study i find it impossible to stay focused for longer then a few mins. Its only really sunk in that my leaving cert is right around the conor and ive nothing done im really stressed out over this. Need any tips or pointers any one can give or any hep at all :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

ryan power wrote: »
    Im doing my leaving cert this year i will only be 16 doing it and i have done no work in 5th year and none so far this year i cant get my self to study i find it impossible to stay focused for longer then a few mins. Its only really sunk in that my leaving cert is right around the conor and ive nothing done im really stressed out over this. Need any tips or pointers any one can give or any hep at all :confused:

You have to realise that its now or never. Get your parents to be really strict on you. Give them your phone and laptop from 7-9 at least, limit your nights out. Organise a place to study i.e a desk in your room.

Organise all your folders and make sure you have all the stationery required. Make sure your desk is neat with the bare minimum on it. Clean your room. THEN you can begin studying. I know these seem irrelevant but my mind can't focus if my surroundings are messy.

Pick your favourite subject at first and study a chapter, After a while you will realise that its not that taxing to sit down and study. It will become the "norm".

Advertisement