Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish fantasy literary agents

Options
  • 30-09-2013 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all. I notice, to my dismay, that not only are they any publishers in Ireland interested in historical fantasy/fiction other than 'Irish folklore', that there are no literary agents in our country interested either. HELP PLEASE...or its of across the water...east and west to search for them.
    :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Phantasos

It's the default answer, but get the Writer's and Artist's Yearbook 2014 (or the Children's edition if you're writing MG or YA fantasy) and go down through the list of Irish and UK agents interested in your genre. Find the relevant ones, research their websites. There you'll find submission guidelines and (with enough searching) the individual wishlists that specific agents are interested in. From that, you can target some people and send off your manuscript and keep your fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Eftboren

Thanks for the info but i think that the Writer's and Artist's Yearbook is for UK, including NIR. I'm looking for interest in Southern Ireland. If no luck, then I hit UK sites. It a shame cos our 'beloved' government urges is to 'shop Irish'...it's a laff.
    dismayed still

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

W&A yearbook covers Ireland too. If you don't want to shell out for it, it's in the library too.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Phantasos

Eftboren wrote: »
    Thanks for the info but i think that the Writer's and Artist's Yearbook is for UK, including NIR. I'm looking for interest in Southern Ireland. If no luck, then I hit UK sites. It a shame cos our 'beloved' government urges is to 'shop Irish'...it's a laff.
    dismayed still

I wouldn't have suggested it if it wasn't applicable. It covers Ireland and the UK. Just be aware that the level of agents solely in Ireland isn't that big - casting the net out to the UK would be in your own best interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Eftboren

Gracias...still have loads of editing to do in the mean time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement