Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 zone heating system and back boiler

Options
  • 30-09-2013 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi lads.
    I need some advice about stove.. so I have 2 zone heating system (upstairs and downstairs) and wanna get the stove with back boiler fitted. I just get plumber to look on it.. and he said that system is pressurized but thats not a prob,he will just get small tank fitted on the roof and that will be sorted. Is that true? He said that I will loose downstairs zone heating on oil burner.. unless I will dig whole kitchen to get pipe from stove to utility room..(there is oil burner and two pumps) Is that could be right?
    Please for Quick help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭pitero1

Can someone help...please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

You generally don't have to lose a zone when combining. Just a bit of re-arranging pipework in the hot press so the stove has a route to the rads without the zone valve. Get a few other visits & if they all say the same, then you know it's probably the correct advice. Difficult to say over a forum, even with pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

I was told the opposite aswell when I had a plumber looking at mine, I just have water & downstairs on my back boiler on open fire. He said I can add upstairs and even underfloor heating to it aswell. Delighted I was. It would cost about €160 he said on plumbing stuff to do it, and I can turn off areas when not needed like upstairs until night time or water etc.

Solid fuel & underfloor don't mix. You will destroy the UFH manifolds. Plus UFH is generally pressurised.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭pitero1

I'm from Sligo and as far I know here is f*ck all good plumbers.. Is it a big deal to change from pressurized to air vented system?

• Advertisement

pitero1 wrote: »
    I'm from Sligo and as far I know here is f*ck all good plumbers..

TBH, that's not fair. Just because you don't know one does not mean there are no good plumbers in Sligo.
    pitero1 wrote: »
    Is it a big deal to change from pressurized to air vented system?
    It really depends on the system, where the osvp & the f & e pipe will be connected & the location of the circulating pump may require moving to suit.

Advertisement