Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silencer for .22 PCP Air Rifle

Options
  • 30-09-2013 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Fellow Airgunners - i am looking to purchase a Silencer / Sound Moderator for my .22 Air Arms S410. Any advise on best brands e.g. Parker Hale, Weihrauch, Air Arms, Huggett, Deciblocker etc. Feedback welcome based on your own experience with the above brands. Suggestions welcome. Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

KE_MAN wrote: »
    Fellow Airgunners - i am looking to purchase a Silencer / Sound Moderator for my .22 Air Arms S410. Any advise on best brands e.g. Parker Hale, Weihrauch, Air Arms, Huggett, Deciblocker etc. Feedback welcome based on your own experience with the above brands. Suggestions welcome. Thank you

I have a weihrauch hw100 that I bought from aim and swing in mount nugent. It's very quiet and wasn't that expensive.

Its on an S410 FAC too. moderators add a fair bit of length though but they are worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 J s682

I have a sak mod for my pcp and can't fault it quiet, light and cheap I think I paid €50 for it new what more could you want :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭KE_MAN

J s682 wrote: »
    I have a sak mod for my pcp and can't fault it quiet, light and cheap I think I paid €50 for it new what more could you want :-)

Any harm asking where did you purchase your SAK moderator ?

The weihrauch moderator only cost 60. I had one of those carbon fiber ones too but it was junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 10X

I have an air arms s510 with the air arms silencer I find it very quiet .A mate of mine has the same setup he is of the same opinion .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 J s682

Dominic Byrne gent to deal with

J s682 wrote: »
    Dominic Byrne gent to deal with

Ill agree on that, he is a very good guy and has great stock

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭KE_MAN

Would you have contact details for Dominic Byrne - please

Would you have contact details for Dominic Byrne - please

Here you go lad :)
    http://www.domscustomrifles.ie/contact-us

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

My S410 has a baffled barrel. So the mod is built in. Check if yours is the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Mississippi.

I'm in the same situation now as KE MAN was at the start of this thread . I'm just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions or could make comparisons between any different silencers?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I'm in the same situation now as KE MAN was at the start of this thread . I'm just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions or could make comparisons between any different silencers?
    Thanks.

You won't go wrong with the hw100 moderator, its one of the best out there for pcp rifles. If you can get a huggett you will be doing well as they are not too commonly stocked here. I've the hw100 on an Airarms s410 fac and it does a great job only i dont use or need it often as the rifle is long enough without one and quiet enough too.

Oh, I had a Phoenix Phantom carbon fiber one before that but didn't like it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Mississippi.

amadablam wrote: »
    You won't go wrong with the hw100 moderator, its one of the best out there for pcp rifles. If you can get a huggett you will be doing well as they are not too commonly stocked here. I've the hw100 on an Airarms s410 fac and it does a great job only i dont use or need it often as the rifle is long enough without one and quiet enough too.

Oh, I had a Phoenix Phantom carbon fiber one before that but didn't like it at all.

Thanks, do you remember if you needed an adapter between the barrel and silencer or did the threads match?
    I would not intend using it all the time either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Thanks, do you remember if you needed an adapter between the barrel and silencer or did the threads match?
    I would not intend using it all the time either.

No problem. Yes you need an adapter. As far as I remember for my s410 fac xtra, its a 1/2 inch male to female adapter you need. They are easily bought on eBay or from the uk. Ian Jameson in aim and swing might have a moderator in stock or else Patrick Carley.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

Mulvihill has Sak and Parker Hale.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭skipking

i have a mod. on my air arms s 410 extra do not know the make, but my mate has a air arms mod on his air arms
    and it is a lot quieter than mine. the new air arms mod can be got in either male or female thread so no kneed
    for an adapter. just buy the one to fit your gun.

Advertisement