Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler broken?

Options
  • 30-09-2013 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi. I'm just looking for advice re my boiler. It's a mynute 12 vhe. Upstairs, downstairs and water are heated seperately on the switches. We have lights by the boiler which light up when the heating is on one for upstairs one for downstairs. At the moment the heating doesn't seem to be working. When I turn it on the temperature gauge isn't changing and it's not lighting up. When I put on the water the temperature on the boiler rises but it doesn't seem to be heating.
    I'm not looking to fix it myself as I wouldn't know where to start. I also can't afford to get it fixed at the moment so just wondered if there is some sort of reset for this system that I'm missing. (My last system had) I've tried turning the boiler off and on but to no avail. Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Whats on the little LCD display on the boiler , any codes , are your room stats turned up , does it attempt to fire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Also check that you have water in your f+e tank , the small tank in your attic .
    Does your pump run when you turn on the heating , more info needed

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

Thanks for the reply. Room stats are fine. There's no error code boiler fires up for water but not for heating on either upstairs or downstairs.
    As for the water tank we have one of those systems where we have 2 big tanks (remind me of coffins) in the attic and a pump in the hot press that constantly refills the tank when the water upstairs is used. I haven't gotten in to have investigate them at all but I just assumed that the pump kept the tank for the heating in check too? I'll check that when I get home later though.

Advertisement