Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help on Studying!

Options
  • 29-09-2013 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

So I'm just having a hard time having a dead set study routine. Our guidance teacher told us we're supposed to be doing 3 and a half hours per night between homework and study and altogether should be doing 21 hours a week. I've been trying my best to get the 3 and a half hours done but im wondering about what about the days you have only maybe half an hour of homework, should i study for 3 hours then or less?

Also, is doing say project work and all that (religion) included in that or should i do that outside of the study/hw time. any tips on studying would really help! I've had a few tests and got A1s in all of them bar two, so I am doing the work but it doesnt feel like I am!:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭m0ynihan

Do whatever you feel comfortable with, saying you should be doing 3 and a half hours a night is just putting pressure on yourself imo. Or else I'm just way too lax about my study routine this year, that's probably the case actually :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Enjoylife

It strikes me, that your are scoring well above average, given that you are an A1 student already.

Some people are naturals, but may be prone to unnecessary anxiety, a side-effect of an active mind.

Sports, meditation and FUN are the antidotes to same. If you sleep properly, you can achieve more, than if you fret too much.

You appear to be doing very well indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Sounds like you're doing fine so far
    As the year progresses study will obviously get more intense
    If you want to be doing something productive at the mo why not be making out revision aids - flash cards and the like - for the stuff you covered last year. It'll make revision for the pres etc much easier and you will be so far ahead of the others...

Advertisement