Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road to Clonmel 2014

Options
  • 28-09-2013 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

The new coursing season got underway yesterday so I thought I'd set up a thread for this season.

I know there were a few folk here that were keeping an eye on things last year. First qualifiers for Clonmel will be known this time tomorrow with a couple of interesting bitches making an appearance and a big impression in Kilflynn most notably Call Me Dresden (daughter of 2011 Oaks runner up Call Her Now) and Magical Jasmine (daughter of track Oaks winner Ms Firecracker)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

rosskeen wrote: »
    The new coursing season got underway yesterday so I thought I'd set up a thread for this season.

I know there were a few folk here that were keeping an eye on things last year. First qualifiers for Clonmel will be known this time tomorrow with a couple of interesting bitches making an appearance and a big impression in Kilflynn most notably Call Me Dresden (daughter of 2011 Oaks runner up Call Her Now) and Magical Jasmine (daughter of track Oaks winner Ms Firecracker)
    hi ross thanks for starting a tread for the season ahead.... was at liscannor myself.. great to be in full flow now.although the coursing I felt could have been a little better .. ground was an issue.. ill leave it at that.. I see timmy of skellig fame got off to a flier.. clocking faster than the kyle dog all the way thru the stake..and thoroughly deserving his win.. serious greyhound imo.. I saw him compete at my own meeting in miltown malbay as a young dog and couldn't be more impressed he was pulled out after a couple of rounds I think.. preparations are going well for us at the moment field in great shape right where we want it with few weeks to go..

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭rosskeen

The Skellig dogs a good one alright. He would have been my pick heading into the Champion Stakes last year but I was a bit disappointed with him there. The Sunrise dog wasn't bad either. If the slip had been a split second later he'd have been in the Irish Cup semi-final last year and the Skellig Eoin dog has to be one to look out for. The O'Driscoll's kennel is one of the strongest in the country at this stage.

The ground at the minute is a major issue. Would have liked to have gotten the dogs onto grass at this stage. Think I'll be doing a rain dance the rest of this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Great to have the coursing back!! Bold and Brazen was an impressive winner in Glin last weekend, he'll be among the favorites come February....

He's already short enough (14s) with Bet Browne and that could well shorten.

Looking forward to seeing how Blueview Sam goes this week

hi folks. What a weekend of sport ahead for us coursing enthuaists.. a lot of the top guns making their apperances..really looking forward to our own meet this weekend in miltown malbay.. trials went extremely well last sunday and its now all systems go for this sat.. hare stock are bucking with energy.. field conditions are as near to perfect as we could have hoped for...judging by the entries we could see a few stakes heading leeside come sun evening.:cool:.good luck to all.

• Advertisement

rambojon wrote: »
    hi folks. What a weekend of sport ahead for us coursing enthuaists.. a lot of the top guns making their apperances..really looking forward to our own meet this weekend in miltown malbay.. trials went extremely well last sunday and its now all systems go for this sat.. hare stock are bucking with energy.. field conditions are as near to perfect as we could have hoped for...judging by the entries we could see a few stakes heading leeside come sun evening.:cool:.good luck to all.

Hope it goes well for ye, have always enjoyed Miltown Malbay... We have a runner in Thurles this weekend, fingers crossed he goes well & comes home sound

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Hope it goes well for ye, have always enjoyed Miltown Malbay... We have a runner in Thurles this weekend, fingers crossed he goes well & comes home sound
    hi folks.. just about recovered from a great weekend coursing in miltown malbay.. big trainer guns really to the fore this year.. unbelievable results for the skellig prefix winning the two all age cups and bitch trial stake..spoke with them afterwards and are some of the nicest down to earth people you could hope to meet.. theyre were totally overjoyed and good luck to them. winner of dog trial stake was very impressive in my eyes and will love the pull of powerstown... running of proceedings went to perfection.. great hares will make great coursing. well done to the hard working members.

It's the second time in two years that Sunrise and Way have won in Ballinagar and Milltown on the same weekend. They're a pair of very good dogs. I'll second that on the O'Driscolls- lovely folk. They've invested plenty of money in dogs over the years so it's nice to see them getting the results. Indeed it's noticeable that they bred all the dogs that won at the weekend and they've had a couple of near misses with dogs from their own breeding in Trial Stakes this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aineg

House available, clonmel, 5 minute walk to Powerstown Park. 4 double bedrooms available. 0871271813

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Any1 got any fancies since d draw? Looking forward to it now!

• Advertisement

Ocean tolula or fota castle in the oaks
    Newinn glory or eshwarry leader in the derby

Can't wait now, weekend can't come quick enough!!

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Ocean tolula or fota castle in the oaks
    Newinn glory or eshwarry leader in the derby

Can't wait now, weekend can't come quick enough!!

Oceans qtr looks softish at a glance.. However Atlantic is reported to have been impressive in gallops recently! Julie is heavily backed by connections to win substantial 6fig sum.. And drawn well also..Have to keep Skellig way on side for champion dog! Very impressive all year to me! Think derby is very open(isn't it always).. Heard good things about the Kyle dog.good luck to all.. Like u Benny.. Bursting the lead at the moment!

rambojon wrote: »
    Oceans qtr looks softish at a glance.. However Atlantic is reported to have been impressive in gallops recently! Julie is heavily backed by connections to win substantial 6fig sum.. And drawn well also..Have to keep Skellig way on side for champion dog! Very impressive all year to me! Think derby is very open(isn't it always).. Heard good things about the Kyle dog.good luck to all.. Like u Benny.. Bursting the lead at the moment!

Atlantic is a decent bitch alright but she's been led 3 or 4 times this year. Think Ocean will have too much. Hope the weather plays it's part!

The best three days of the year for me- Christmas coming late (or early). I took the 20-1 about Sturdyandstaunch about 3 weeks ago and I'd happy enough with that at the minute. I don't have any firm opinion on the Oaks to be honest.

The way the weather's shaping up it could play a massive part.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Normally wait to get the sporting press / saturdays examiner before making my mind up but given the prices I like call her dresden and the miltown qualifier Maker of Rules!

Advertisement