Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gas fire - how much to run?

• 28-09-2013 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me roughly how much it costs to run a typical gas fire? Thinking of using it this winter but don't want any major surprises re cost. I have a calor tank.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gaskman

LPG comes in at around 14cent a kW, so if you have a gas fire with a 6.9kw input, your running cost is €.96 hr, if you run it for 5hrs a day 7 days a week it will come in at around €33.50 on high. ( bottle gas will cost you a lot more and natural gas a lot less)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Eldrew

gaskman wrote: »
    LPG comes in at around 14cent a kW, so if you have a gas fire with a 6.9kw input, your running cost is €.96 hr, if you run it for 5hrs a day 7 days a week it will come in at around €33.50 on high. ( bottle gas will cost you a lot more and natural gas a lot less)

Thanks - I have a calor tank in the garden. Think the fire is 4.9kw. Would this cost the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Covieland

Just bumping this up as wondering what the cost of ruining a gas fire from mains gas would cost currently

Advertisement