Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid-Life Crisis

Options
  • 28-09-2013 3:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3

I am a middle aged male and since passing 50, I have decided to completely change my appearance. I have let my hair grow very long and I got my ears pierced - more piercings to follow! I wear tight jeans and boots and dress mostly in denim and leather. Am I in the middle of a mid-life crisis?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,140 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Well its only a crisis if it bothers you :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I am a middle aged male and since passing 50, I have decided to completely change my appearance. I have let my hair grow very long and I got my ears pierced - more piercings to follow! I wear tight jeans and boots and dress mostly in denim and leather. Am I in the middle of a mid-life crisis?
    Don't wear your hair in a pony-tail (except for work reasons) unless you have a full head of hair (i.e. you are not bald on top).

At 50+, denim jeans and a leather jacket can look well. Leather jeans and a denim jacket, on the other hand, are difficult to carry off (unless you are onstage with a wireless microphone and your personal assistant is waiting off-stage with a towel and a tray of your favourite stimulant.

Fair play on thinking about having more piercings - do a lot of research before getting a PA though!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

Sadly, I feel you may be somewhat past the 'mid-life crisis' stage by now. Average male life expectancy in Ireland is around 77, meaning that your 'middle' age was around age 38 :eek:

Still, I wouldn't let that stop me enjoying myself and flaunting my individuality - age is just a number :pac: These are your golden years, so make the most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

When I was in my late 40's I got my first tattoo. On my 50th birthday I bought a humungous great motorbike. Crisis what crisis?

My ex told me to grow up, I told her I was having far too much fun to do something that silly.

Be a man and act the child is my motto.

Advertisement