Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change username??

Options
  • 28-09-2013 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how I can change my username?

I've just noticed it's very like someone elses. Sorry Crustyblaa!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

crustybla wrote: »
    Does anyone know how I can change my username?

I've just noticed it's very like someone elses. Sorry Crustyblaa!
    You have to become a paid subscriber to boards and then you can change your user name and customize your avatar and a few other bits. If you don't want to do that( unless you have a ban) close your account and open a new account.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

Ah grand. Thanks Meatwad!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

You could always send the site admins a pm explaining to them why you would like a name change and see if they will ok it. They have been know to in the past.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

moving to helpdesk

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Aquos76 wrote: »
    You could always send the site admins a pm explaining to them why you would like a name change and see if they will ok it. They have been know to in the past.

Do not do this.

As the sticky states, name changes are for subscribers only. Once you've subscribed for the minimum of 1 month, you can request the change in the subscribers forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭brian_t

So there is nothing wrong with closing your account and opening a new one ?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

As long as you're not closing your account and opening a new one to evade a ban, there's nothing to stop you doing so. However if it was just to evade a ban it's generally only a matter of time before that's discovered and your second account would be permabanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

Thanks for your help guys! As you can see, lazy me, I haven't done it yet. Soon.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement