Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recomendations for Circulating Pump

Options
  • 28-09-2013 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Hot water supply to our taps and cold water to toilets etc is very slow and I'm looking at installing a pump.

Could I do both with one pump?

Any recommendations on a pump?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Depending on your hot / cold pipe layouts, if your house has all the pipework in the hot-press and there is enough space then a brass bodied, twin impellar Stuart Turner pump would be my recommendation.

If you have water tank in the attic you need a positive head pump which looks like this.
    stuart2b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

I fitted one recently and it was branded "Watermill", it was supplied by custard and she got it from B&Q, on reading through the literature i noticed it was actually made by Grunfoss, worked a treat! anything made by Grunfoss is +1 in my books.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I fitted one recently and it was branded "Watermill", it was supplied by custard and she got it from B&Q, on reading through the literature i noticed it was actually made by Grunfoss, worked a treat! anything made by Grunfoss is +1 in my books.

Ye funny you say that billy. My power flusher is a grundfos but has the word watermill on it too. I'm familiar with those pumps too. They must be tied in together someway

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

Advertisement