Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed deadline for electoral register

Options
  • 27-09-2013 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the correct forum so Mods please move accordingly.

I just got a letter from my local council to say that i'd missed the electoral deadline for the forthcoming referendum. The cut off was the 17th at 5pm and I mailed in my form the day before (it's all in Dublin so it should have been delivered the next day).

First off, hands up, I shouldn't have left it so late, my fault.

Is there anyway I can still cast a vote in the forthcoming election or am I screwed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

If you aren't on the register you can't vote.
    Is there a possibility you are on the register at a previous address? Worth checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

echo beach wrote: »
    If you aren't on the register you can't vote.
    Is there a possibility you are on the register at a previous address? Worth checking.

My details are on the register but down the country, I just checked.

Presumably this means I have to cast my vote there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

Yes, polls are open until 10 o 'clock. You could turn it into a weekend away to catch up with your old mates.:)

Advertisement