Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

samsung note 10.1 2014 edition

Options
  • 27-09-2013 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Does anyone know when this new samsung tablet will be released in uk or ireland?
    Its been launched in USA next week oct 10th
    Ta

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Moogyariane

Does anyone know when this new samsung tablet will be released in uk or ireland?
    Its been launched in USA next week oct 10th
    Ta
    It has been released in power city Friday 18 of October

• Registered Users Posts: 29 markothegreat

Thanks
    Your right I just called them they have 49 in stock..A bit pricey yet they should get alot cheaper as are only 550 dollers (400 euro)..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Thanks
    Your right I just called them they have 49 in stock..A bit pricey yet they should get alot cheaper as are only 550 dollers (400 euro)..

Google have a Nexus 10 v2 tablet coming out around the end of the month. It will probley be announced at the same event the Nexus 5 is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Komplett have them too.
    http://www.komplett.ie/komplett/product/zkb-02tab/80013666/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-2014-edition-32gb/details.aspx

Super expensive as well. I'm guessing that they haven't been officially released in Europe yet. I'm going to wait until I see them on something like Amazon to get a real idea of the price. No sign there yet though.

As for the new Nexus. Once you use the pen on the Note you can't go back. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Moogyariane

a friend of mine is going in NY next month and will get the 32Gb for €465 euros taxes included, can't wait

Got one on Power City a couple of weeks ago. They had a voucher in the paper for €10 off every €100 spent so it wasn't too bad.
    PCWorld have €50 cashback on them at the moment.

I had the Note 10.1 older edition.

In comparison to that.

1: On taking out of the box it was sluggish. I was worried. However after a couple of hours it updated itself and has been fine ever since. There is no problem with performance.

2: The screen is very nice.

3: The arrangement of the hard button on the front is stuuuuuupid. When you rotate to portrait mode (I do a lot) to go home I have to go up to the middle of the left side of the tablet. Same for the settings and back buttons. Another point is that if you're using the tablet in the dark you can't see those 3 buttons so there's a bit of messing about. I know Samsung are standardising the buttons on all of their devices but this was a bad move for usability. It's fine on the phones.

4: The stylus is cheaper feeling that the one that came with the older model Note 10.1. Not a big issue. But why?

5: The multi window app icon has crashed on me a couple of times. It never crashed once on the older model. It's not a huge issue. You can swipe down and turn multi window off and on again.

6: Swiping up on the screen opens up the My Magazine app. You can't disable this in Touchwiz. I did it enough by accident that I put on Nova Launcher to remove that functionality. Another stupid move by Samsung. I don't mind Touchwiz but forcing me to do stuff I don't want to do seems a bit Appley.

7: It is lighter than the old model but that's not a major benefit to me. 100% of the time the tablet is either on the desk beside me or on my lap.

Overall I like it and am happy with it. It's very expensive for what it is though. If you have the Note 10.1 and can sell it for a reasonable price then it'll pay most of the price of the new model. If you can't, don't bother rushing out to get it. Wait until it comes down in price.

If you don't need the stylus then the Nexus 10 is a crapload cheaper. I love the stylus though. I use it all the time for work and studying.

timetogo wrote: »
    5: The multi window app icon has crashed on me a couple of times. It never crashed once on the older model. It's not a huge issue. You can swipe down and turn multi window off and on again.

Just found out that point 5 is a feature. If you long press the back button the multi window icon goes away.
    Nice feature except with the hard buttons I frequently have my hand around the buttons when I'm using it in portrait mode.

Good review of the tablet here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snG-ZcMi5zM&list=PLfFNk3rUBJpncKsHpi97wvhOHsfpM-Dnp&index=1

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭driver02

Anyone know much about the Go Tab?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Username99

Where is the best place to buy one of these?

• Advertisement
Advertisement