Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve

Options
  • 27-09-2013 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

What age do you have to be to join the reserves?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Garda97

Is it hard to get into

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

Just talk yourself up. You stand the same chance as anybody else:pac:

thesamster wrote: »
    Just talk yourself up. You stand the same chance as anybody else:pac:

Yeah suppose! Im joining the rdf this year when I turn 17 would this help me get into the actual guards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

It'd be seen as community involvement and would stand to you. I had 4 years in the RDF when I had my GR interview and it gave me plenty to talk about. No RDF recruitment for the moment though.

• Advertisement

It'd be seen as community involvement and would stand to you. I had 4 years in the RDF when I had my GR interview and it gave me plenty to talk about. No RDF recruitment for the moment though.

Aye I know my brother's in the RDF so il know when there recruiting

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭zoviea

Can I go for Garda reserve if I have a brother who likes to get in trouble with the Gaurds..so annoying. I really want this but afraid when they do the back ground check that it will affect me. I have never been in trouble with them, I work and involved with volunteer work too. Any one had the same situation, should I just leave him out of the back ground check..but don't want to lie either?? Advice please

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

zoviea wrote: »
    Can I go for Garda reserve if I have a brother who likes to get in trouble with the Gaurds..so annoying. I really want this but afraid when they do the back ground check that it will affect me. I have never been in trouble with them, I work and involved with volunteer work too. Any one had the same situation, should I just leave him out of the back ground check..but don't want to lie either?? Advice please

depends on what getting into the trouble with the gards is

theres a difference for being known for hanging around and armed robbery

depends on where on the spectrum his 'trouble' is

what you should first do is give him a stern talking to - tell him his foolishness is potentially jeopardizing your future and he should grow up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Garda97 wrote: »
    Yeah suppose! Im joining the rdf this year when I turn 17 would this help me get into the actual guards

good to hear ! Im in the reserves too

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭zoviea

ya that would be good idea but he has never done armed robbery thank God. its more fighting but not killing anyone either!! None the less its bad behaviour and I just hope it does not affect me as I am no way like that so it would be unfair.

• Advertisement
Advertisement