Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The irish legal system book..?!?!?!

Options
  • 27-09-2013 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Oki, so for criminal justice (first year), we were told to get ''the Irish legal system''- Byrne and McCutcheon 5th edition.
    but I already have the 4th edition...so do I have to go and but the new one now? or is there any real difference in the two books?
    I don't mind photocopying the bits that are different, but if the whole book is fairly different, then id rather just get the new one.
    Does anyone know the difference between the two? Am I good to stay with the one I have? :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

No, you don't really need a newer edition. Everyone makes the same mistake in first year of spending massive amounts of money on shiny new books, a year later you'll realise you don't need the majority of them as long as you be smart about using the library. Save your money!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

I bought that book, it ended up being a very expensive cup stand. You dont need it

njd2010 wrote: »
    No, you don't really need a newer edition. Everyone makes the same mistake in first year of spending massive amounts of money on shiny new books, a year later you'll realise you don't need the majority of them as long as you be smart about using the library. Save your money!

In my case it was my dirtbag orientation guide who "kindly" sold me his.

Advertisement