Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shinji Mikami:RE4 would of been scarier if RE:Remake sold better

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Fairly daft statement, tbh. Like you say, making it exclusive on the Gamecube was only ever going to severly hinder sales. I got my Gamecube for £20 in 2007 and that was when I played REmake. It's a superb game, as is RE4.
    I barely knew anyone with a Gamecube and wasn't going to spend cash on hardware for just 3 games (including RE0).
    RE4 turned out to be absolutely superb with great set pieces, great gunplay and some tongue-in-cheek dialogue. I think it would have dimished the quality of the game if it was more horror-orientated when it was clearly meant to be a new departure for the series. Sadly, the opportunity has been squandered with a decent, if unspectacular sequel (RE5) and the mess that is RE6.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

They're both great games, one is the best of the old style Resi and 4 took everything and did it a bit different and worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmurfX

The Resident Evil series was in a bit of a crisis at the time after a string of games with either mixed sales or mixed reviews so I could understand the decision to broaden scope for RE4. The game itself had been in development hell for years and had probably gone way over budget so they may well have been in last chance sort of territory.
    It was what happened after that for the series that disappointed me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i wonder if this could be what re4 would of been like

Advertisement