Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Research on the Paranormal

Options
  • 27-09-2013 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm doing a research brief on the paranormal for a college project and I was wondering if anyone could recommend any particular area that would be very interesting to cover? There has to be four distinct segments.
    Any help on this would be great. I'm thinking specifically on ghosts, demons and Irish myth.
    Thanks again,
    Rustic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Demons do not exist physically.

They are the pyschological manifestation of man's occasional inability to control his darker desires. Rather than face this horrific fallability an intangible "other" has been created to take the blame, that or misunderstood mental illness where it is easier to blame demons than tackle something as terrifying and complex and as an unwell human mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I would look at environmental factors that can make people believe they are having a paranormal experience. People often quote high levels of EMF etc can affect the brain, and infrasound can make people see and hear things but you'd need to find some white papers / research studies on those (they dont seem to be too easy to find either). Vic Tandy would be someone to google.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rustic Wolfheart

Thanks very much guys. This has helped quite a lot.

Advertisement