Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employment query

Options
  • 26-09-2013 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

My husband has been suspended from work, pending a full inquiry, he has confessed everything, way before the matter came to their attention, his fully remorseful and has asked them for a second chance. My question is does anybody think he can keep his job or should I prepare for the worst. We have no savings. With a mortgage and bills coming, and children to feed I am at my wits end what we are going to do. Can anybody advise me on anything, I am a hopeless mess.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

By the sounds of it. your husband has done everything possible to reduce the damage arising from whatever he has done wrong.
    Without details of the situation all I can say is that you'll have to wait for results of the inquiry. It is possibly just a procedural thing. Try not to worry. If he is suspended without pay, he should sign on immediately.
    It is also a massive worry for your husband, try to be strong and supportive.
    Nobody starves in Ireland, things may change for you but I've no doubt that you'll look back on this time and wonder why you were so distraught.
    I don't want to make light of your situation but I'm sure things aren't as bad as you imagine and you'll get through this together.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'd also add that here is not necessarily the best place to seek advice on your situation. Maybe other posters can point you in the direction of people who you could talk to. MABS and The Samaratins come to my mind and do confide in friends and family if they are around. You'd be amazed at how supportive and unjudgemental people can be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Teddiebear

Thanks, I know what your saying, thankfully nobody is sick or seriously hurt, or anything like that, but it's just really hard to even think straight at the moment. All I'm trying to do is have hope, his handed his cv into many employers and applied to many jobs in the mean time but has heard nothing back at all which really isn't helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Kerry_2008

Its hard to know without some more details OP. Is it a case of fiddling money etc or something more serious like putting peoples lives at risk? Is it public or private sector?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Teddiebear

Nothing as serious as putting people in danger, his working in the private sector, been with the company for a large portion of his working life. Never been in trouble before, his work is exemplary, only been praised two weeks ago for his great work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement