Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good bars near cannon street?

Options
  • 26-09-2013 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Will be based here. As above, any good places near worth checking out.
    Bars, clubs general stuff to do the weekend near this area? DOnt knoe london at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

As someone who lives in London I love the City (where you'll be) at the weekend, because it's ridiculously quiet. That's probably not that good for you though. However, you're really close to London Bridge for Borough Market on Saturday afternoon. For bars just get on the tube and head to Shoreditch, Soho or Camden. The only bar I've been to in the area and liked is Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese on Fleet St.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

There is some nice views of St Paul's and the surrounding at the top of One New Change on cheapside. Bar at the top also.

http://www.onenewchange.com/

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

The nearest place I've been to in person is the George Inn near London Bridge (about 3/4 of a mile away). Pretty nice place, loads of space inside and out, decent food, and as I recall a good selection of ales.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭beer enigma

If the sun is shining, The Anchor on Bankside between the Globe theatre & Borough Market is great for a riverside outdoor seat. It's directly across the river from Cannon Street station, but its a train bridge, so cross at the Millenium Bridge and walk back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Great stuff, camden seems like a good option too, been researching it.
    Either way im sure there will be plenty of options:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Good Irish bar: The Hatchet
    Trendy Bar: the Folly
    High end restaurant: 1 Lombard or Coq d'Argent
    Coppers style club: Abacus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

The Vintry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

zweton wrote: »
    Great stuff, camden seems like a good option too, been researching it.
    Either way im sure there will be plenty of options:)

Camden Market very busy Sat and Sun but good buzz.
    Angel/Islington up to Highbury Corner. The Ould Shillelagh in Stoke Newington

Advertisement