Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VENT PIPE

Options
  • 26-09-2013 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Water is pumping out my vent pipe when pump is on i have a back boiler and oil heating connected to the one circuit what could be the problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Too hot and boiling over ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CHRISGNO1

it seems to be circulating around the f+e tank it wasnt even really warm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Are you using the boiler to just heat the water with the rads turned off , if so this could be causing it to pitch

i just moved in to this house it has been empty for months the rads would not heat for me when i lit the fire and i tried the oil heating and they still wouldnt the flow pipe at the boiler is hot but the return is cold i got a new pump and all but still no good could there be an air lock somewhwere and would that cause it to pitch if it couldnt get to the rads

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

Pump is in wrong position! Probably without an injection tee installed.

Get this looked at, if left unchecked with the water circulating through f and e your ch system will internaly will have major corrosion.

I've seen a no. Of houses lose all heating equipment, rads burst one after another then oil boiler then the Stanley range. Some mess.

• Advertisement

Pump is on return in hot press where should it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

CHRISGNO1 wrote: »
    Pump is on return in hot press where should it be?

Take as many pics as you can

Sorry Im misread your post, dident see about the ofh not heating rads aswell, probably an air lock or valve shut off somewhere, post some pics as dtp said would help.

anyways heres a pic of an injector tee in operation on soild fuel and as I said the fande tank getting hot, i would address that straight away after getting the heating going.

WP_000407_zps27e55769.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Froststop

esox28 wrote: »
    Sorry Im misread your post, dident see about the ofh not heating rads aswell, probably an air lock or valve shut off somewhere, post some pics as dtp said would help.

anyways heres a pic of an injector tee in operation on soild fuel and as I said the fande tank getting hot, i would address that straight away after getting the heating going.

WP_000407_zps27e55769.jpg

If that pump is on the return to the back boiler from heating & coil it looks as if it's turned the wrong way, Check the arrow on the pump. It should be pointing to the back boiler. In the pic it looks as if it's pointing to the coil.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Froststop wrote: »
    If that pump is on the return to the back boiler from heating & coil it looks as if it's turned the wrong way, Check the arrow on the pump. It should be pointing to the back boiler. In the pic it looks as if it's pointing to the coil.

It's pointing the correct way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

in that picture is that a sealed system?
    looks it with an auto fill on it

The system is open vented, 3/4" feed and vent combined on the flow. I find this works against fande tank circulation.

I would include a mains connection to fill the ch only, during initial fill the fande tank is isolated and the ch pressurised and vented as required. On completion the fande is restored and filler value is mechanically locked, labled and the coustomer informed of its I operation.

Advertisement