Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

back/lay on betfair.

Options
  • 26-09-2013 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

I back over 1.5 goals at 1.66 after 30 min. Then a goal is scored after 40 min and the over 1.5 odds drop back to say 1.10. On bet fair after the goal I am offered the cash out option of say take €2.55. I have read in a few place that you are better to lay the over 1.5 at this point as the cash out does not give you as good of a return. Can some one please explain how I can lay the over option after a goal is scored to effectively cash out. what amounts must lay and stuff. beginner here :-[ an example would be good cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

The cash out option basically works by doing the opposite of your previous bet (lay what your previously backed for example) until the amounts you win for all possibilities are equal. Sometimes by doing the lays/back yourself you can better adjust this so you can still guarantee yourself profit but at different amounts depending on what happens.

Normally when you start entering backs and lays it shows on the main bet screen how much you will win/lose if each event happens, so check that out.

Hope that makes sense.

Advertisement