Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very disappointed in Croke Park

Options
  • 26-09-2013 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Just a heads-up for anyone in a wheelchair who is considering attending a match in Croke Park. My Dad got wheelchair tickets to the football final on Sunday. My Mum went with him. They were very disappointed in the seats. They were on the same level as the row of seats in front, so for most of the match they were staring at the backs of the heads in front. And when anyone in front stood up (which they did any time there was something exciting happening), they could see nothing at all.
    In addition there is no parking provision for disabled patrons near the ground, so they had to make their way from the Luas stop at Busaras.

Contrast this with the Aviva, where I have attended several matches with my Dad. We have been given a parking space in the Stadium car park each time. Also, the seating area is raised well above the row in front, so you have a clear view even when somebody in front stands up.

People will say that the Aviva is a modern stadium, which it is, but Croke Park was completed very recently too. My Dad filled out the 'customer satisfaction' form at the game, but he said he wouldn't bother attending a GAA match there in future.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Yes, it is definitely a poorer experience than Landsdowne. In fairness, while it is a modern stadium, it was about 10 years behind Landsdowne, so the design would have been done 10 years before. I guess the raised platforms just weren't a big thing at that stage, and they do make a huge difference. They have some underground parking at Croker. I'm not sure how you get access, but give them a call or try the IWA for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,347 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

The bad thing is Croke Park seem to be aware of this problem. The problem is with the Canal End/Davin End ONLY. There is no issue with the wheelchair spaces in the Cusack End. The rows in front of the wheelchair spaces in the Cusack end are lower then the wheelchairs.

In summary the wheelchair tickets for the Cusack end are great.
    But the wheelchair tickets in the Canal/Davin end are a complete and utter waste of time.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement