Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wanted: Opel Astra 3 door hatchback

Options
  • 26-09-2013 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just said I would throw this out there. I am looking for a 3 door Opel Astra hatchback something like the SXI version.

It will be my first car and I just really like the look and drive of them, being that I am 26, I didn't want to start off with a typical starter car.

Trouble is I have only 4 grand to spend, now I am constantly scanning done deal, carsireland etc. But if you spot any good deals that manage to slip through my hands, or hear of any good offers please let me know.

Many thanks:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

If you can get insured on a 1.8 reasonably enough there's a good few SRI models for that budget and less. Running costs will be higher but not drastically so.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Caoimhin

I also should of mentioned I have 0 years no claims bonus. I was actually looking at some 1.8s but the higher insurance , high road tax and running costs threw me off.

I plan to keep the car for a good few years hence going for a good one straight off

• Registered Users Posts: 51,166 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Plenty of them for sale but you will struggle to find a decent one for €4k.

yeah it is a bit of a struggle alright, there is quite a few out there, but currently they all sit at 5000 minimum. I might just have to get a loan

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

• Advertisement

phkk wrote: »

That is a lovely car man, but I wouldn't have the funds for that, not unless you're reducing the price :-)

Caoimhin wrote: »
    That is a lovely car man, but I wouldn't have the funds for that, not unless you're reducing the price :-)

Drop it abit! Where you based? Are you interested in viewing it?

Drop it abit! Where you based? Are you interested in viewing it?

I live in Dublin at the moment, but often travel back to kildare to visit home.

I would definitely be interested in viewing, just gotta sort out my funds first. I have found a few 3 door Astras for 4 grand but they are all 1.8, which I don't want. So I am stuck in a hard place here.

Caoimhin wrote: »
    I live in Dublin at the moment, but often travel back to kildare to visit home.

I would definitely be interested in viewing, just gotta sort out my funds first. I have found a few 3 door Astras for 4 grand but they are all 1.8, which I don't want. So I am stuck in a hard place here.

Will PM you later ok?

Will PM you later ok?

Sweet no problem

• Advertisement
Advertisement