Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulimia

Options
  • 26-09-2013 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have suffered from bulimia for over 10 years off and on. About a year ago, I told my husband when we were in a fight about it. I've been so ashamed and embarrassed about my ED and didn't know how to tell him or anyone about it before. I had wanted to tell him, but never had the guts until I blurted it out. I thought for sure he would support and be there for me. But instead he got mad and didn't say another word about it. Six months went by, and my bulimia started to get worse. I started to resent him and get very angry as to why he didn't even care or acknowledge what I had told him. So I told him again that it just has gotten worse and I don't know what to do. Once again... he just said "You need to get some help..." and that was it. He never was concerned and it just seemed like he didn't even care. This has happened probably 5 more times that I have tried to tell him that it isn't getting better and that he hasn't been there for me at all! I don't know what to do... I feel so alone and thought he would be the one person I could count on to talk to about this, but instead he has made me feel even worse. It's almost like it has became another trigger for my bulimia. I just don't know what to do.... I feel like I can't get help and do this on my own, but I don't want to talk to anyone else close to me about it because I'm embarrassed. Does anyone have any advice what to do??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

Try talking to Body Whys on LoCall 1890 200 444.

You've already taken a *HUGE* step - you've acknowledged the disorder. I don't know why those around you haven't helped, but I'm guessing some of it has to do with the fact that they simply don't know how to help. Talking to Body Whys should help.

Best of luck with it.

Advertisement